Sunday, September 5, 2010

Open mouth...insert foot (true story)

So yesterday we went to breakfast at a local restaurant that has a great breakfast all-you-can-eat buffet...the kind of thing that makes a fat boy like me go into all kinds of giddy happiness.  While there I was in line to get an omelet made and the lady that was making them was just running her mouth.  Good grief!  She would NOT shut up and cook!  She talked about the economy, how she wished she was off for Labor Day weekend, how she almost quit her job but couldn't because the economy is so bad...blah blah blah.  To be honest, by the time I FINALLY got my omelet I didn't want it...she had talked me out of an appetite!

I went back to my table took two bites and..eh...I didn't want anymore.  So I went back to the bar and the guy behind me in the omelet line was just walking away with his omelet.  I chuckled as I passed him and said..."Did she talk you out of an appetite?"   To which he promptly responded...

"No Dude...she's my wife!"

He was NOT amused!

0 comments:

 

Musings of a Madman Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo