Thursday, December 31, 2009

Out with the old....

WoW...can you believe it? I am sitting here at work watching the minutes tick away and there is less than three hours till we close the chapter on 2009, and I have to tell you, I can't hardly wait to see it go. I am ready to close the chapter on 2009, and hope to goodness that the mistakes that have dogged me all year will stop and not follow me into 2010!

This was a stupid year. Stupid because I was stupid. Gawd. It started out wrong. I was unemployed on January 1, 2009. And 2009 found me a very depressed man. I was actually on anti depressants at that time, something I am not very proud of. but enough of that...The old year is about to pass...and hopefully along with it a few things...

First, the attitude of 2009 has GOT to go. No more defeatist bullshit! No more victimization bullshit! I am tired of dragging myself down and letting the actions of others decide my own. I am tired of being on the defense and being down on myself. I may be fat and ugly but dammit I am an all right guy...or so my therapists keep telling me! lol

Second, the stupid moves of 2009 have got to go! That is it! I know at some point in the future I will have to move somewhere away from this area but I am determined that in 2010 I am staying put. I rarely make the same mistake twice...except when it comes to women! I was too trusting this year, to impulsive and just flat out stupid. Not this year. This year I am behaving, and staying put and give time to recouperate from 2009!

Third, the gullibility of 2009 has got to go. I really have got to stop thinking I can fix the world. I gotta stop thinking I am some freakin knight in shining armor. Some bitches just deserve what they got coming to them. This year I will look out for me and my kids...

I hated christmas this year. I was sooo bummed out. I cannot, however, remember ever being so excited about New Years! I can't wait for it to get here! I feel like it is Christmas, My birthday, Hanukah, 4th of July, Thanksgiving Day and President's Day (ok so I am reaching here a little) all wrapped in one! I swear it is like I got a playboy bunny sent my way! (ok that is a stretch but you get the idea!) I am all bubbly and excited...

2009 was a bitch...and I am glad it is over...this will go down as one of the worst years of my adult life...and the worst part is that as a Man, and an honest one, I have to admit that it was as bad as it was mostly for my own bad decisions and choices....yes...2009...good bye and good riddance.

0 comments:

 

Musings of a Madman Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo