Saturday, November 13, 2010

Get this show on the road...to a land far far away please...

So we DVR a lot of shows at our house.  Mandy and I have quite a wide variety in taste when it comes to shows.  I may tease her on her taste of shows sometimes but usually I am ok watching just about anything.  I will watch her soaps with her, somewhat, even like the "Young and the Restless", though I do have to make my comments about catty women and spineless men...of course.  Then there is Grey's Anatomy...where all the doctor's spend more time studying each other's anatomy then their patients and House the arrogant, know it all, obnoxious and unethical Doctor of Doctors.  My two favorite shows are Lie to Me and Supernatural....but I also like to watch CSI, NCIS, Bones, Criminal Minds and Keith Olbermann.  Mandy and I both seem to generally like these shows...except of course Keith Olbermann whom she cannot stomach!

We watch shows from Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune to Desperate Housewives and Brothers and Sisters.  Mostly we don't have any disagreements other than the occasional philosophical arguments or smart ass wise cracks.  There is an exception to this rule, however, and that is what this blog post is about.  There is one show I have no tolerance for, if I am awake I put on my headphones and listen to my mp3 player or leave the room.  It grates on my nerves and irritates the piss out of me.  As a couple though we recognize each other have different tastes and respect that fact...i.e. she lets me watch Olbermann and I respect her right to watch...Medium.

Medium irritates the piss out of me.  Specifically the lead character, Allison DuBois, played by Patricia Arquette.  I have always had a problem with this show.  First off let's face it...I am an atheist and cynic, I don't believe in ghosts, spirits, gods, demons, angels, prophets and other supernatural phenomenon.  But it is much more than that...obviously...since I am a fan of Supernatural.  So I don't have a problem watching a show with stuff I don't believe in...is simply called the suspension of belief.  You watch it and enjoy it for what it is.  Medium, however, takes it to the next level.  In Medium everybody is wrong and this sniveling, whining b-witch is always right.  Everybody around her serves no other reason than to cater to her prima donna bullshit.

(1) I hate her voice.  Her voice is in a perpetual whine and it grates on my nerves something aweful.  She is forever the victim in this show.  Everybody rushes to change their lives around her psychotic trauma of the week and it is everybody else who is not being understanding.  Trust me....I was married to this woman once upon a time...everybody else was the problem and she didnt have the decency to even admit to the fact that she is just plain difficult to get along with!  Her voice is in a perpetual...how dare you not believe me because I had a dream and the only person that does NOT sound stupid to is me...tone of voice.

(2) I hate her attitude.  She is a child.  If our children behaved like she does they would get a time out at best...and really?  Would more deserve an ass whooping.  She is raising kids...that will be just as self centered and self absorbed as she is....hell they already are.  As a matter of fact it is hard to tell the difference in her behavior and her own cruel self centered and self absorbed brat!  She is always right, it is always about her and how everybody needs to listen to her and adapt to her needs and wants and anybody that even argues with her is insensitive and uncaring.  She grates on my nerves simply because I was married to her twice.  It may not be fair but it is true.

(3) I hate pussy ass men.  Her husband irritates me.  She has his balls in a little leather sack and every time he speaks with out her permission she puts them in a bowl of water and lets it dry up and shrivel his nuts just a little more.  Yes...I know that this is not popular in a world and time of equality and that I am just being an ass and male chauvinist.   But those that know me know I am not like that.  I understand and appreciate a woman with a mind and will of her own, but just as I don't like a woman with no backbone I don't like a man with no balls.  And every time her husband/slave boy manages to get up the cojones to say something he manages to waste it by almost immediately tripping over himself in apologies.

I really could go on and on about this show.  NBC had the good sense to cancel it...CBS was stupid enough to keep it going.  This show cannot reach it's series finale soon enough for me...and hopefully the reruns will be relegated to following up Sarah Palin's bull shit show.

0 comments:

 

Musings of a Madman Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo