Monday, November 9, 2009

The Road to Hell...



This song has always been one that touches me. The old saying goes "The road to hell is paved with good intentions". How true. I look back over my life. Two failed marriages. I look back at the three kids I have and the hell their mothers' and My decisions have put them in. And the only thing I can say is that I had the best of intentions. Pretty weak huh?

My life has been a series of bad decisions. One after another. My first marriage. A pastorate. A second marriage. A relationship that could have, but didn't thankfully, end in marriage.

Who has suffered for those decisions, irregardless of my intentions? My parents, my brother, my children, my ex wives....the list goes on and on.

Like Travis, all I can do is say I had the best of intentions, and I want to and plan to do better.

1 comments:

Christina said...

“Good intentions are at least, the seed of good actions; and every one ought to sow them, and leave it to the soil and the seasons whether He or any other gather they fruit” {WT} I for one am glad that you continue to have good intentions and past barren seasons have not deterred you... Christina

 

Musings of a Madman Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo